ENGLISH / SPANISH
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Thank you Brawley for supporting Measure M!
Investing in our schools is investing in the future generation of students to come.
Heartfelt appreciation from the BESD Board and Staff.
Jaime Silva, Superintendent
Brawley Elementary School District
J.W. Oakley School’s vision, in partnership with parents, is that every student will be inspired to excel academically, guided to reach their full potential, motivated to successfully pursue their chosen life paths and recognized for their unique qualities and diverse backgrounds.
We, the J.W. Oakley School Community, believe that every student has the right to experience the lifelong joy of learning and are committed to providing a high quality educational program for students.
It is the belief of the J.W. Oakley Staff that a combined effort between students, parents, teachers, and administrators is necessary to help students achieve in school and be productive members of society. Learning takes place only when effort, interest, motivation and self-discipline are apparent. It is the school’s belief that the following policies and practices will provide the type of education and school environment that will allow all students to be successful and reach their full potential.
Provide appropriate, research-based services for students in need of academic assistance.
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communications between the teacher, parent, and student.
- Provide a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Have high expectations for academic work and establish realistic and challenging goals.
- Provide well-prepared and motivating lessons that challenge students to learn.
- Communicate with parents about instructional goals, classroom management practices, and how parents can help their children at home to succeed in school.
- Encourage parental participation and support.
- Provide appropriate training for teachers and parents.